Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Blog of a Different Color

Hello, Mr. President! Welcome to the most difficult and most rewarding job on the planet!

The reason for this blog, you ask? Well, sir, it's really quite simple. You told us that you needed our help, sir. This is my attempt, as small as it may seem, at giving you some insight into what we think and how we feel. It's feedback from some of the sea of humanity, if you will. Now, I'm no Sean Hannity, sir. You'll recall him as the president of his own country, OnandOn Anon. I'm thankful everyday I'm not him. And why does my spell checker suggest "Hannibal" as a replacement for Hannity. Ironic, don't you think? Anyway, nor am I Chris Matthews. With all due respect, sir, I really don't want to feel tingles in my leg when I think about you! I am certainly not Keith Olbermann either. Wow, am I ever thankful for that. Nor am I Rush Limbaugh. I'm also thankful for that every day. What I am is a simple guy who loves his country and wants to see it stay safe, prosper and provide life, liberty and the *pursuit* of happiness to every American citizen. I don't care what color skin anyone has. Dr. King is one of my heroes and just like him, I want everyone to be judged by "the content of their character." Nor do I care what political party someone belongs to. I cry when I hear the national anthem. I respect our flag and what it stands for. I am an AMERICAN in the most faithful sense of the word.

For some time, my family and I vacillated between supporting you and Mr. McCain. In the end, for varied reasons, we supported Mr. McCain. That being said, you are MY president, my nephew's commander-in-chief and the top executive of these United States of America. My family and I will continue to show you and the office of president the respect it deserves. But, I feel that in the interest of transparency and checks and balances, it's important for you to know how we true staunch independents feel about the issues facing you and your administration. In addition, I want you to know how the average centrist man-on-the-street feels about the decisions that you've made and how they affect us.

How will I arrive at these opinions and advice that I tender to you? Well, I'll use my own opinions and those of my family and friends, most all of whom are independents to formulate the ideas that I post in this blog.

Will it do any good? I don't know, Mr. President. I certainly hope so. I hope to present well-reasoned and rational thoughts which I hope that you and your administration will read and take into consideration.

In a nutshell, that's it Mr. President. I want to help you keep America the best country on the planet. I believe that you will govern from the center. While many don't, I believe that you will not take advantage of a democratically-dominated congress to force far left programs and ideals upon us. In essence, I believe in the essence of what you've said during your campaign. I will never hate you, Mr. President, as so many have hated Mr. Bush. I may be sorely disappointed and/or disagree with something you've done, but hate will never enter my mind.

Welcome aboard the good ship USA, sir. May God bless you with health, happiness, and the serenity to accept the things you cannot change, the courage to change the things you can, and most importantly, the wisdom to know the difference.

May God bless America!

Chris Hannitybaugh Brokaw

1 comment:

  1. Why isn't anyone talking about the economy? What is Obama doing right? What's he doing wrong? Was it right or wrong to push his recovery bill through so quickly? Personally, I'm concerned. During the campaigning process he appeared to know how to fix our troubled economy, but it appears his only role in the bill writing process was to get others in his party to write the bill, and then to apply enough pressure to cause congress to pass it very quickly.

    Do we have anything to say about that, or are we all just holding our breath and hoping it turns out okay?

    ReplyDelete